Uniqueness is an asset.
We strive to create a sustainable culture of inclusion and respect at NerdPress, where everyone is valued, has a sense of belonging, finds fulfillment, and thrives.
Having a diverse mix of talented, open-minded people working together and contributing different perspectives and approaches makes us all stronger and better. Cultivating a truly equitable, inclusive workplace cannot be done by a simple policy statement, of course. Instead, it takes ongoing commitment and action from everyone at the company.
Therefore, we commit to:
- Listening and understanding.
- Proactively seeking out new ideas and diverse perspectives.
- Creating a judgement-free environment.
- Being honest, even when it hurts or is difficult.
- Treating everyone equitably, with fairness, dignity, compassion, and respect.
- Treating people as they desire to be treated.
- Ensuring everyone has a voice and is empowered to contribute.
- Encouraging everyone to be their authentic selves, bringing their unique contributions to the company.
- Working to recognize and challenge unconscious biases and microaggressions.
- Offering development and growth opportunities for everyone.
- Setting expectations for excellence and performance based on business needs and not interpersonal preferences.
- Staying engaged and taking action to keep improving, at both the individual and company levels.
Everyone deserves respect.
Everyone deserves to be treated with fairness, dignity, and respect. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, cultural background, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, weight, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Oppressive, exclusionary, or prejudiced behavior is not welcome at NerdPress. We insist on this from ourselves, and from everyone we work with, including our clients, contractors, and vendors. We will not hesitate to part ways if someone with whom we collaborate does not also uphold these values and follow our policies. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.
This policy was influenced by La’Wana Harris’ excellent book, Diversity Beyond Lip Service: A Coaching Guide for Challenging Bias